PGCB #134 - Monochromatic

Hello there!

I'm hosting this weeks challenge over at the Paper Girls Challenge blog! I couldn't resist, but I wanted to challenge everyone to go Monochromatic. Merriam-Webster dictionary defines the work monochromatic as: "having or consisting of one color or hue"...and I will admit this is a major challenge for me. 

I needed to make a sympathy card, and for some reason using one color seemed to be perfect - simple and calming. So, I embossed this beautiful image and sentiment from Papertrey Ink and then outlined it with purple copics that matched the purple cardstock. I really think the outline helped give the embossed image a little pop. 


Transparent sequins topped off the simple card - I love that in the right light they look purple too :) I really wanted this card to be a single layer, but I swear, every card I make ends up with foam tape...it's impossible to be single layered, ha ha!


I hope that you'll visit the Paper Girls challenge blog and play along with our challenge. You have until 11:55pm on Saturday, September 2nd to link your project!

Thanks for swinging by! 
Brittany

Comments